Some of you may be thinking, "Well, I wish I could tag along to Ethiopia. I love adventure! But I have a full schedule this spring." Dear friend, do not despair. Along with reading this blog -- a sort of open diary of our experiences -- you can send your goodwill. Post comments and encouragement here; it's good knowing these words have an audience. Also, before we leave, you are welcome to support the project in a more tangible way: good old money.
If you would like to fund
painting supplies such as tape, markers, and stencils that we'll gather here to take with us, or paint (which we purchase in Ethiopia), or books and school supplies we take for the children, you may send a tax deductible gift to:
IMAA (International Medical & Academic Alliance), P. O. Box 5, Loma Linda, CA 92453 Memo line: Happy Rooms EthiopiaGifts large and small are most welcome; $5 or $10 buys a lot of paint!
If you'd like to help this writer (Rebecca Waring-Crane) with personal preparation and day-to-day living expenses in country, contact me: happyroominternationalATgmailDOTcom
Those gifts will NOT be tax deductible; but I will steward the funds well as I pack for the journey and cover costs once in Ethiopia. My anticipated budget for charcoal tablets, Cliff Bars, shade umbrella, visa, etc., is $300. If I have cash left at the end of our stay, I'll give it to the sisters at Dembi Dollo to help the children of the inmates.
Be assured that all funds post-marked on or before March 15 (the Ides of March!) count as most timely.


No comments:
Post a Comment