Friday, April 13, 2012

Celebrating together: A Coffee Ceremony

It's hard to believe that our time here is winding down. Thursday, before taking off for the long Easter weekend, the teachers and school principal honored our team with a coffee ceremony. One teacher, the principal and a four adorable children all expressed appreciation for the work we've done. Because Thursday was our last day with the students, we shared bubbles, wind-up toys, and a few frisbee lessons with them as our farewell. Iris presented the teachers with wonderful bright charts for their rooms. Kay gave gifts of child-sized scissors, colored markers, alphabet stencils and other teaching supplies. It was a high day.

Thursday before the coffee ceremony, we painted. Lavinia and I chose a different path back to our apartment when it was time for breakfast. We found the campus bakery. Talk about perfect timing! We walked in moments before the baker poured her dough onto the pan. I like baking bread and found the process fascinating. Full of admiration for what I saw, I must admit I'm very happy for my oven and bright airy kitchen at home. This bread was not ready in time for out coffee ceremony. But the bread we ate was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment